Monday, June 29, 2020

I believe...

I believe in the word of mouth, a fight, a battle, a bloody bout, For a just, and noble cause, In a land with its well governed laws.

I believe in the wisdom of words, Spoken by Shepherds of so many herds, Not too long ago in time, When we still had reason in rhyme, When so many would lend a hand, While you were stuck in the burning sand.


I believe in a wishing star, Somewhere in space so far, Where wishes come true, Hopes and aspirations are nothing new, Where one can see the morning dew, Settle down on some lucky few.

I believe in the joy of spring, So full of life, every little thing, Result of some labour of love, Showered from somewhere up above.


I believe that the summer is near, as it will appear like every year, Drought, famine an epidemic fear, shifting our machinery to a lower gear.

 
I believe this too shall pass, Before the leaves of autumn amass, Before the chilly winter sets in, And the rains come in to wash our sins.


I believe it will be over then... No more thoughts to write with my pen, The cycle of life will start afresh, Not bound down by some wire mesh.

 
As I write from my lonely post, Guarding the country I love the most, Could some of you find the time, to believe with me and draw a line, And stop this world from going wrong, Show it a path now so forlorn,

Let me stop as its nearing eve, Try it and you'll believe, Like I believe...

 

No comments: